Options for between Quarterly Clean Up Campaigns
During the times in between the official City of Eagle Pass Clean Up Campaigns, residents have the following options:
Residents may place brush for collection as part of the regularly scheduled collection routes provided that brush is
- does not exceed 2.5 feet hight by 4 feet in width and 5 feet in length
- does not weigh more than 35 pounds.
It shall be the duty of the owner, manager, tenant or occupant of any dwelling, building, or premises to
- separate wastes so that brush is not commingled
- place brush cuttings, free of whole tree trunks, and bulky items separately at the curb and not in the alley
All items must be:
- in a safely accessible location
- no further than 8 feet from the curb
- clear of overhead obstructions
- clear of utility appurtenances
- clear of fences, and other personal property.
Property owners may dispose of their construction and demolition materials, brush and yard waste and bulky items at the City of Eagle Pass Type IV landfill site.
There is no charge for city residents (with proof of residency such as utility bill) for the first ton of materials disposed of at the Type IV landfill site.
Arrangements can be made with the City of Eagle Pass, for the collection of items that are NOT eligible for collection during the clean up campaign. Minimum cost for collection of these items is $50.00.
All subsequent materials will be charged at the rate of $24.00 per ton. City residents may also use the City Transfer Station for disposal of all solid waste including:
- construction and demolition
- brush and yard waste
- White goods such as refrigerators and stoves.
Disposal of any type of solid waste at the Transfer Station requires payment of a disposal fee as approved by City Council.
City residents may also bring their white goods to the City Yard located at 1100 Eidson Road for disposal at no cost to the resident.
All residents must report to the main office before unloading any white goods at the city yard.
If there are any questions concerning the modified schedule for Brush, Bulky Items and White Goods Collection schedule, please contact us at 830-773-9408.